Digital Effects

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Artist Lecture

Blithe Riley’s lectre I found to be exciting and very much different from what I expected. Even though she had technical difficulties that sabotage her work the challenge of getting the message across was professional. The main concept I got from her work was the concept of how things get codified according to their appearance and her belief of trying to break the realness of a physical object.

Her first exhibition the “The Shaker” was pretty much a video that I somehow generated different ideas from. Her explanations which she shared about the main focus of this project left me with an open mind. And whilst watching this video clip I started interpreting her ideas in a different way which I must say was unintentional.

”The Crawler” I thought was really amazing. I liked the fact that she changed the structures from 3-D to 2-D or a flat surface almost representing our view in life. Do we live or are we trapped in a 2-D world but visualizing things in a 3-D plane? Playing with the vision is a very clever and artistic way of proving that what you’re looking at might not really be what you are seeing?

Her last piece “The Wall” was my personal favorite. Again, Blithe played with the human eye and mind. She touch bases on the experience of how the expression of different forms of objects dicipline the viewers way of interacting with it. Illusion is a waondeful thing. She ended her presentation with a little insight of her current project were she demonstrated her challenge with the pre beliefs of certain objects. Blithe Riley line of work is rather interesting and very unique

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home