Digital Effects

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Cut-Up Version One

My Cut-up version of Angela’s songs reflects mainly the life story of Angela when she was going through difficult times. The first part of my song that sounds more like a song in a different language, I made slow because I wanted the listener to feel remorse or sadness. The pluck I indicated almost in the center of my song reveals the transition from a sad moment to an anger moment. The second part was all about the rebellious side of Angela both emotionally and physically. I tried to make the lyrics of the song not fade as much that is sounds like a different language, like the first part, but made it hearable so that the listener would try to figure out what the singer is putting across.
As a whole, I tried to make my cut-up version be a reflection of what Angela was going through at that point of her life without using lyrics to tell the tale, but to make the listener feel the emotions of the character.

With my second version, I would like to use natural effects such as voices, sea waves, footsteps etc. to enhance the texture of the song. I must say it was quiet difficult using only two songs, but now that I am exposed to the use of different forms of sounds and effects it will allow my version two to have more variety and meaning to it.

Play Second VERSION here!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home